Capacity Building Project 2015 - 2017
ACS is contracted by DSS under the Aged Care Service Improvement and Healthy Ageing Grants (ACSIHAG) to provide an aged care sector Capacity Building project. The ACSIHAG project is aimed at strengthening the capacity of the aged care sector to deliver high quality aged care and to promote healthy ageing.
This project will build on the strengths of small community organisations in regional and rural areas and improve their capacity in areas such as: governance; planning; operational management; workforce development; consumer focused outcomes within a wellness and reablement service delivery model; and opportunities for targeted networking and partnerships.
The project will be delivered through a mentoring and coaching program that will build the capacity of management and staff working in these small organisations. Older people, their families, carers and local communities will benefit from having access to improved and sustainable local services as a direct result of the improved capacity of service providers.
The key objectives of the project are:
- Strengthen the capacity of small non-government aged care services in regional and rural NSW and ACT to operate effectively in their local communities.
- Provide support and mentoring that has a lasting impact and ongoing benefit to small organisations in regional and rural NSW & ACT.
- Develop tools and resources that support management and staff of these organisations to continuously monitor and improve governance, business practices and service delivery in a changing aged care environment
- Facilitate cultural change that encourages healthy ageing, consumer choice, a skilled and diverse workforce and innovation in service delivery.
- Meet the needs of older people and the sector in regional and rural NSW and ACT by implementing the above.
Priority given to aged care organisations that are:
• Not for profit;
• Regional, rural and remote;
• CHSP only: < $500,000;
• HCP only: <40 HC packages;
• Residential only: < 50 beds;
• Multiple aged care services:
• Residential: <20 beds / HCP: < 20 HC packages;
• Residential: <20 beds / HCP: < 20 HC packages / CHSP: < $500,000.
ACS may vary this criteria based on assessed need and resources available.
ACS will assist up to 50 organisations each year of the project across the range of aged care service types, geographic locations and size.
If you have any questions please contact :
Janice Poynton 8754 0435
1. Capacity Building Project 2017.pdf